West Valley Utah is offering a $5,000 Grant Program to First Time Homebuyers. This West Valley Down Payment Assistance Program (DPA) is meant to help low to moderate income families obtain homeownership. The funds are being provided by the CDBG and HOME funds.
There is no repayment of this grant unless the homebuyer moves, refinances, transfers title or sells the home within the first five years of the purchase. Keep in mind that this West Valley Grant has limited funding; all applications will be processed on a first come, first serve basis.
Be sure and get approved with a qualified lender before making an offer or your grant will be denied!
- Applicant must be approved and have class certificate before an offer on a home can be made
- Applicant is willing to be interviewed by a Grant Technician to review application and occupancy status
- Applicant must choose a state approved lender for a first mortgage
- House must pass a building inspection and lead-based paint inspection
- Buyer must contribute a minimum of $2,000 towards the cost of the home
- Maximum purchase price cannot exceed $180,000
- A qualifying home will be owner occupied, vacant and/or not used as a rental in the last six months