Utah County “Loan to Own” is offered through the Utah County Consortium of Cities and administered through Provo City. They are currently offering $5,000 to $10,000 for first time homebuyers in Utah County. This is a huge help when trying to purchase a new home because the money can be used for a down payment and/or closing costs. This first time buyer program boasts of a quick qualification time once you have found a home.
The First time buyers program includes all cities in Utah County except: Alpine, Woodland Hills, Elk Ridge and Provo (Provo $10,000 Grant).
- Home must be a single family home, one half of a twin home, condominium or town home
- Maximum Household income qualification (See Chart Below)
- The grant will be in the form of a zero interest, zero payment forgivable loan
- $1,000 of homebuyers money must be put into the transaction
- No renters can be displaced by the sale of the home
- Applicants must not have had any real estate owned in the last three years
- 650 Credit score required with no unsatisfied judgments or collections
As long as you occupy the property there is no payment, however if the property ceases to be owner occupied or the property is sold the entire grant/loan loan will become due and payable.