Ogden Utah has helped over 1200 first time home buyers achieve home ownership with their “Own in Ogden” program. This program offers $3,000, $5,000 and $10,000 zero interest, zero monthly payment down payment assistance grants. This first time buyer program is issued as a loan attached to the property which becomes due in full when a borrower ceases to occupy the property, sells the property or defaults on any of the terms agreed upon after recieving the funds.
$3,000 program is a targeted area in Ogden. (See Map Below)
$5,000 program a specified targeted area. (See Map Below)
$10,000 program is for sworn in Ogden City Police Officers and Fire Fighters.
- All buyers must take fee simple title to property
- Purchase price is not to exceed $263,388 for single unit, $296,658 for duplex, $360,425 for triplex, and $415,875
- Buyer must contribute $500 of own money
- Must have residential zoning
- No unresolved code enforcement violations
- Property must meet minimum standards of safety, construction, and habitability