All first time buyers purchasing a home in Davis County may be eligible for a down payment assistance program. $5,000 can be obtained to help with your down payment and/or closing costs when you apply for this program. The money will be treated as a zero interest zero payment loan for as long as you live in the home. Repayment will be required if the homebuyer sells, exchanges, transfers title, refinances or obtains additional financing secured by the property. The money is limited and offered on a first come first serve basis.
- Must be a first-time homebuyer– (Includes a displaced homemaker or a single parent who has
only owned a home with a spouse)
- Must purchase a home within Davis County (not available in in Fruit Heights, South Weber, Layton, and Clearfield)
- Eligible properties must be zoned for residential use only and are limited to single family residences, condominiums, town homes, cooperative unit, or a combination of manufactured housing and lot
- Applicant must contribute a minimum $1,500 of their own money towards the down payment or closing costs
- The $5,000 can be applied to the down payment and/or closing costs
- The purchase of said property must not lead to the displacement of any individual other than the seller and his/her immediate family
- Applicant must secure FHA, VA, or conventional financing for property purchase from a state approved lender
- Real property must not exceed FHA mortgage limits for the applicable county
- A Visual Assessment must be completed on all homes for health and safety concerns and for lead based paint
- Applicant must complete a HUD approved homebuyer education course and obtain a home buyer certificate of course completion.
Want to research other grants?